Reporting allows you to create detailed reports for you to save and view at a later date.
To navigate to the Reporting page, hover with your mouse over Related Pages and select Reporting under Group Pages in the dropdown menu that appears.
NOTE: To be able to configure a new report or view the Reporting page you must first be granted the appropriate security permissions by your administrator.
The Reporting page appears:
From this page you can select an existing report or create a new report.
When creating a new report, the default is set at a timeframe of Previous 6 Days if you choose not to update your timeframe.
To create a new report, follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have selected the Reporting option in the Related Pages as stated above. Also, make sure your sidepanel is open where your Group Hierarchy is exposed and the Configurationtab is selected.
- Click New Report...... at the top of the sidebar. Continue with the Report Options Pop-Upsteps below.
Report Configuration Options Pop-Up
- Once you click New Report..., a pop-up box will appear to set your Report Configuration Options.
NOTE: If your pop-up blocker is turned On, there will be a yellow bar at the top of your page. Click that bar and select Always Allow Pop-Ups from this website.
- Name this report by typing the new name in the Report Configuration Name text box.
- Select the Report Format tab and selecting one of the three options. You are able to click View Samplenext to each report format type to view a layout of how this type of report will appear.
- Click the Time frame tab to configure the time frame you wish to view your report.
- Click OK. The sidebar will refresh with the information you just updated and the Report Configuration Section Pop-Up will appear.
Report Configuration Section Pop-Up
After clicking, OK in your Report Configuration Options Pop-Up the following pop-up will appear allowing you to choose the devices and values you want to see in your report:
- Name this section by typing the new name in the Section Name text box.
NOTE: You will have the ability to add additional sections for this report configuration after you click OK.
- Choose, from either the Group or Device tabs, the group(s) or device(s) you would like to view in your report.
- Under the Attributes tab, click to highlight additional columns you would like included in your report and click the Select icon to move the data value(s) under the Selected Attributes box.
NOTE: The items already listed in the Selected Attributes box are auto-filled here depending on the type of graph you have selected.
- Under the Data Values tab, click to highlight the data values under Available Data Values that you want to view in your report for each device selected and use the Select icon to move the data value(s) under the Selected Data Valuesbox.
NOTE: If you wish to change you Sample Interval use the drop down box indicated to choose between Raw Values, Hourly Averages, Daily Averages, etc which will be the values displayed in your report.
- Click OK. You will see in the left panel list the data values and devices you selected to use for this report.
- Click Run Report.
NOTE: If you do not see your Configuration tab open on the left panel of your page with the trend configuration information you just selected. Click Show Sidebar at the top of your page.
Your report will display as depicted below:
If you want to save this configuration, see Saving a Report.
To edit an existing report, follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have selected the Reporting option in the Related Pages as stated above. Also, make sure your side panel is open where your Group Hierarchy is exposed and the Configuration tab is selected
- Use the drop down menu at the top of the sidebar to select the configuration you want to edit.
- Once the side panel updates with the report information, click Options to edit your Report Format or Time frame or click to highlight the section you want to edit and click Edit.
NOTE: No matter which portion you are editing, if your pop-up blocker is turned On, there will be a yellow bar at the top of your page. Click that bar and select Always Allow Pop-Ups from this website.
- Once you have made the appropriate updates, click Run Report. If you wish you save your changes see Update and Save at the bottom of your sidepanel. If you would like to save your updates as a new Configuration see Saving a New Report.
Saving a Report
Once you have configured a report that you wish to save for later use, use the Save As... section at the bottom of the left sidebar.
To save the existing trend view, follow the steps below:
- Make sure your side panel is open where your Group Hierarchy is exposed. If it is not displayed click Show Side bar at the top left corner of the page.
- Click Save As... and type a name for the trend configuration in the New Configuration Name text box that appears in the menu.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the type of configuration - Private, Shared, or Shared-Read Only.
Configuration Type Type Definition Private Only your username will be able to view and use this configuration. Shared* All users will be able to use this configuration for the devices that they have access. The user that creates this type is the only user that can make changes to it. Shared Read-Only* All users will be able to use this configuration for the devices that they have access. All users with the appropriate permissions granted to them can make changes to this type of configuration.
* You must have the appropriate permissions granted to you by your administrator to be able to create a Shared or Shared Read-Only Configuration. See Security Permissions Definitions.
- Click Save.
NOTE: If you type a name that already exists, a pop-up will appear asking you to use a name that does not already exist.
The date range that is saved is relative. Therefore, when the configuration is used in the future, it will apply the range of days, not absolute dates, when creating the new view.
If you wish, you can view your report for a different timeframe without having to update the report altogether. To do so select the Override Timeframe icon above your report, click the Override configured timeframe checkbox, select the timeframe you would like to view, and click OK.
To print your report, follow the steps below:
- Click Print next to Related Pages at the top right portion of your page.
- The printer options will appear for you to send to your printer. Click Print to print a hard copy of your trend.
You can export the data contained in this report by clicking Export in the upper portion of your page. You are prompted to either Open or Save the Excel spreadsheet. Click Open to see a view of the data immediately within Excel. Click Save to save it to a preferred location prior to viewing the file.
You can access previously-saved reports by selecting the name of a configuration in the Select a report dropdown box.